Sunday, 4 September 2016

Autumn Days: Attempt at Tomato Soup



Hey guys


I've been a bad bad blogger, so for that I can only apologise and provide with you a shiny new recipe. I have been distracted by work, life and my dooming deadline of my research proposal in 2 weeks time (help?!). However busy life gets food will always be my number one priority. I speak to friends, colleagues and family who tell me that when they get stressed, upset or busy they don't have time to cook. When I lived on my own, I would often eat a bowl of cereal for dinner rather than cooking a full blown meal when I got home at 8pm. I think now I have come to realise that preparation is key, but that is easier said than done always.

This is my little bit of prep for the week as I'm working 4 days this week and making lunch at 6am is not ideal or appealing. Roasted Tomato soup is a classic and was the only soup I would ever order if it was on the menu and easy to heat up at work, simple and fuss free!

I am also souper (...) proud as this was my first time attempting to make soup. 


Roasted Tomato Soup

Ingredients:
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 litres of veg stock
- 900g tomatoes (about 12 large beef tomatoes)
- Oregano
- basil
- fat free natural yogurt (garnish)



Notes - If you chose to add more veg to this simple recipe, just roast them in the oven with the tomatoes but they may need a bit longer.

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Spay a baking tray with frylight and add tomatoes, spraying them with frylight and sprinkling with oregano. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until skin is peeling off and they are starting to go a black around the edges.
2. Meanwhile, add onion and garlic to a large pan and add 300ml of the veg stock. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Chop the cooked tomatoes and add to the pan with the remaining veg stock. 
4. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
5. Add basil, salt and pepper to taste. 
6. Blitz it either using a food processor or hand blender. 



Enjoy!

love Kate
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment