Friday, 13 November 2015

Quinoa Porridge - your new favourite

Cinnamon Quinoa Porridge with Fruit and Yogurt


Still don't know how to really say Quinoa out loud yet.

This will be truly your new go to breakfast. I have raved about this to other members of my slimming world group and they are wary, mostly because they don't know what to use Quinoa with or how they should go about it. I'm trying to figure out what Quinioa is good for as I've seen it become more popular (you may have seen me use it in another recipe)

This has the warm flavours and tastes of porridge that melts in your mouth without using your healthy B! I am a convert after hearing raving reviews across the web. I've adapted a few recipes across the web to make quinoa porridge slimming world friendly.

It does need about half hour to prepare and make it scrumptious. Then served with fruit and yogurt, this is a dream!

I encourage you to give it a go and let me know what your thoughts of quinoa porridge are


Ingredients:

  • 250ml almond milk
  • 50g quinoa 
  • 2 tsp cinnamon (optional but will add to taste!)
  • 1 grated carrot (optional but will add to taste)
  • 1 tsp sweetener 
  • Any fruit
  • 1/2 fat free mullerlight yogurt





Method
1. Bring almond milk to boil


2. Add quinoa, carrot and cinnamon to milk and stir in. Reduce to simmer and cook for 10 minutes

I normally use cinnamon powder, however I had none left so cinnamon stick!

3. After 10 minutes, the mixture will reduce and add more liquid if it starts to stick. Add sweetener and add more if you like it sweet

4. Serve into a bowl and add fruit and yogurt.


Notes: My porridge doesn't have carrot in it as I did not have any left, however have included it in the recipe as would usually use carrots


Enjoy

Katie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment