Saturday, 31 October 2015

Spicy Quinoa with pulled pork, chorizo and a raita dip




Spicy Quinoa with pulled pork, chorizo and a raita dip
(1.5)



How do you say Quinoa, the new hyped up food? I used to pronouce it as Quin-o-ah until my dad corrected me and said "Katie, it's pronounced Qeen-wah". The debate is still ongoing. I think on most celeb's Instagram feeds we have seen a quinoa dish of some sort, so it must make you pretty and famous.


I'm using my leftover meat from previous meals in this recipe as I thought why not and before someone put's in a boring sandwich! This is packed with loads of protein to make me super strong
and it's very healthy. It's my second dish that I've made using Quinoa recently; my first being Quinoa porridge and this been my second.


I have used pulled pork and chorizo because it was in my fridge but I'm sure different meats will go lovely too. I would like to add that this Raita dip is super easy, quick to make and I think adds a cool complimentary tone to your meal.

Ingredients:

  • 1 onion
  • 1/2 sweet pepper
  • 1/2 chilli (including seeds)
  • 100g quinoa
  • 250ml pork stock
  • Pulled pork
  • 13g chorizo


Raita dip:

  • Greek Yogurt
  • Cucumber
  • Mint


Method

1. Chop up your veg



2. Fry a small deep pan with frylight, add your veg on a low heat and stir occasionally for a few minutes until they are soft.

3. Pour in that Quinoa. It's similar to a cous cous texture.


4. Add your stock and stir it all together. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes. Giving it every so often a gentle stir if you have a rubbish pan like mine.



















5. Meanwhile make your dip. Cut a small piece of cucumber about 5cm long and chop into tiny tiny pieces. Add few spoonfuls of greek yogurt, cucumber and mint to a bowl and mix. Taste and if not minty enough add more!
- I haven't given measurements here as I don't measure out when making raita as it's just throwing the ingredients together





5. When nearly all the water has been absorbed, add your meat and S&P

6. Serve on a plate or bowl. You can either serve with the raita dip in the middle as shown in my picture or on the side.


A few notes:


I got this chopping board from Crofton and it's a nice pink colour. However I'm not a fan as it's an awkward thing to work with! The handle is good, if I could have the handle and my normal chopping board, it
would be win win!

Quinoa can be a bit plain in taste so adding a stock cube to the water brings out some flavour. However if you don't have any stock cubes, water will be fine and just add herbs to make more flavour filled :D 

Enjoy

Katie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment