Thursday, 29 October 2015

Oats in the oven

Mixed Fruit Baked Oats (1 + HB + HA)

Breakfast is very much my favourite meal of the day. I love watching TV (normally Eastenders or catching up on The Apprentice at the moment) with a big mug of tea and my breakfast. I just love sitting in my PJs, dressing gown and slippers and know I don't have to do anything for a few hours. Ahhh bliss.

I have done a post about breakfast recently... But I have just discovered Baked Oats. Porridge is something my parents used to make for me in Winter before school with a big helping of chocolate spread or syrup. I've never really made it for myself (Disclaimer: This is because I have attempted and it blows up in the microwave, parents know best).

So I got up this morning and thought I'm going to have baked oats! I had seen a few other people try it and I thought it looked good, didn't take long and was a little bit different.

For 2 people or 1 if you're hungry:

Ingredients:
  • 70g porridge oats (HB)
  • 100ml milk (I drink almond unsweetened milk so that what I used but I'm sure will taste good with any)
  • 1/2 beaten egg
  • Few drops of Vanilla essence 
  • 2 Tbsp Sweetener
  • 100g of fruit (blueberries and raspberries I used) 


Method
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees

2. I've seen people use small casserole dishes and I've seen ramekins. However I own neither so I used this dish I think we cook veg in at Christmas times when we run out of other dishes...
Anyway grease your dish with frylight



3. Mix oats, milk, vanilla essence, sweetener, egg and fruit. Give it a good old mix.

4. Pour into your dish and even it out with a spoon






5. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes. You can do some washing up, watch a quick friends episode, unload the dishwasher, feed the dog. The possibilities are endless. 

- if you want to get brownie points for yourself. Place some extra fruit on a plate with Greek yogurt to go with your baked oats


6. BEEP your baked oats are done. Dish it up and dig in (Mine did stick to the bottom of the mysterious dish)
For me, I appreciated how much this breakfast tasted like a fruit crumble! Will definitely make again in the near future.


If you have any variations of this baked oats recipe, please let me know so I can try it out.

Enjoy

Katie xx


No comments:

Post a Comment